Guj / 14- Classical Gujarat Tour
- Duration: 10 nights / 11 days
Route - Ahmedabad
(1 night) - Lothal - Velavadar National Park (1
night) - Palitana
(1 night) - Diu
(1 night) - Gir National Park
(2 night) - Junagarh - Gondal
(1 night) - Rann of Kutch (2 nights) - Little Rann of Kutch
(1 night) - Ahmedabad
Highlights - Museums of Ahmedabad • Historical visit to Archaeological Site at Lothal • Wildlife Safaris at Velavadar Black Buck National Park • Cultural Safaris at Palitana Temples • Beach Safaris at the exotic beaches in Diu • Wildlife Safaris at Gir National Park - The last bode of the Asiatic Lions • Palaces of Gondal • Cultural & Tribal Safaris in Kutch • Birdwatching Safaris at Great Rann of Kutch & Little Rann of Kutch Wild Ass Sanctuary • Cultural Safaris at Sun Temple Modhera.
Tour Starting Options : Ex-Ahmedabad | Ex-Bhuj | Ex-Bhavnagar | Ex-Diu |
Day 1: Arrival at Ahmedabad - On arrival at the Ahmedabad, you will be received and transferred to your hotel. During the day, you shall proceed on a half day city tour of Ahmedabad visiting Gandhi Ashram, Calico Museum, Utensils Museum, the Jami Mosque and finally Akshardham which is dedicated to Lord
Day 2: Lothal -
Velavadar - In the morning, leave for Velavadar via Lothal which is a 4500 year old Harrapan (Indus Valley) archaeological site. On Arrival at Velavadar, check in to your hotel. Enjoy an Afternoon Wildlife & Birdwatching Safari at the Velavadar National Park which has the largest concentration of black bucks in India.
Day 3: Palitana
- Velavadar - In the morning you will visit the Palitana temples located atop Shatrunjaya Hills and crowned with 863 temples, each rivaling the other for its beauty and magnificence. This is one of the most awe inspiring sights to devotees and visitors alike. The peak is a 3 km climb of over 3500 steps from the town, while on each temple one can see detailed carvings, beautiful idols and images, jeweled statues and intricate torans. The sunrise from behind the temples is a great sight. The climb to the top of the temple takes around 2 hrs. After the climb you would have built quite an appetite for lunch at Palitana. Drive back to your hotel
at Bhavnagar or Adpur in the evening.
Day 4: Diu - In the morning leave for the beautiful Portuguese beach town of Diu. Check in to the hotel by lunch. The evening is at leisure to enjoy the beaches of Diu. They are exceptionally beautiful, quiet and some of the beaches also offer a wide variety of water sports facilities. Later, you will proceed on a city tour visiting St. Paul's Church, Diu Museum and the Diu Fort.
Day 5 and 6 : Gir National Park - In the morning leave for Gir National Park
- the last abode of the Asiatic lions. Check in to the hotel by lunch. In the evening enjoy the afternoon Wildlife & Birdwatching Safari at the Gir National Park. One can also spot Asiatic Lions, Leopards and other animals like the chital, sambar, nilgai, chausingha, grey langur, hyena and over 250 varieties of birds like the painted sandgrouse, peacocks and paradise flycatchers. The Kamleshwar dam reservoir has one of the largest marsh crocodile populations.
Enroute on day 5 visit Somnath a Jyotirlinga
Day 7: Gir - Gondal - In the morning you leave for Gondal via the historic city of Junagadh. Junagadh has a lot of historic places like the Uparkot Fort, Buddhist cave-sites, Ashoka's rock inscriptions (3rd century BC), Palace Museum, 18th & 19th century royal mausoleum complexes, Nawabi buildings and museums and the Girnar temples. Continue your onward journey to Gondal where the 1748 AD Naulakha Palace and the Vintage and Classic Car museum are a must see.
Day 8: Gondal -
Bhuj - Nakhatrana Great Rann of Kutch - In the morning after breakfast your journey continues to Bhuj. On the way view the museums and palaces of Royal family of Kutch located at Bhuj. In the evening proceed to your hotel.
Day 9: Banni Region
- White Rann - Great Rann of Kutch - In the early morning enjoy a birdwatching safari at the Chari Fulay Reserve - which has a large variety of migratory birds. Proceed onwards to visit the famous Banni Villages known for their rich traditional tribes and their amazing arts and crafts. Also visit the White Rann
- an amazing natural desert landscape. Lunch at Hodka Village in the Banni Area. On the way back, visit the textile towns of Nirona followed by visits to Than Monastery & Fossil Farm at Than-
Day 10: Little Rann of Kutch - In the morning leave for Little Rann of Kutch. Enjoy an evening Wildlife & Birdwatching Safari in the Little Rann of Kutch Wild Ass Sanctuary in search of endangered desert wildlife like the wild ass and witness the sunset at a lake that attracts flamingos, pelicans, cranes and other attractive birds in large numbers.
Day 11: Modhera
- Ahmedabad - In the morning proceed on an excursion to the Sun Temple at Modhera that dates back to the early 11th century and then continue to Ahmedabad for your onward journey.
Classical Gujarat Tour - Distances (In kms & In hours)
Day 1: Within Ahmedabad City
Day 2: Ahmedabad to Lothal to Velavadar 130 kms (2.5 hrs)
Day 3: Velavadar to Palitana to Bhavnagar 150 kms (3 hrs)
Day 4: Bhavnagar to Diu 225 kms (4 hrs)
Day 5: Diu to Gir National Park 140 kms (2 hrs) via Somnath
Day 7: Gir National Park to Junagarh to Gondal 120 kms (2.5 hrs)
Day 8: Gondal to Bhuj to Great Rann of Kutch 350 kms (6 hrs)
Day 9: Great Rann of Kutch to Banni Region to White Rann 130 kms (3 hrs)
Day 10: Great Rann of Kutch to Little Rann of Kutch 300 kms (5 hrs)
Day 11: Little Rann of Kutch to Modhera to Ahmedabad 130 kms (3 hrs)
Direct Flight Connectivity
International Flight Connectivity
• Ahmedabad - Direct flight connectivity with Doha (Qatar Airways) | Dubai (Air India Express) | Dubai (Emirates) | Frankfurt (Air India ) | Kuwait (Indian Airlines) | London (Air India ) | Sharjah (Air Arabia) | Singapore (Singapore Airlines)
Domestic Flight Connectivity
• Ahmedabad - Direct flight connectivity with Bangalore | Goa | Hyderabad | Indore | Jaipur | Kolkata | Mumbai | New Delhi | Pune
• Bhavnagar - Direct flight connectivity with Mumbai
• Bhuj - Direct flight connectivity with Mumbai
• Diu - Direct flight connectivity with Mumbai
• Rajkot - Direct flight connectivity with Mumbai
Option - - Ahmedabad - Gir
/ Dasada / Velavadar / Kutchh - Bhavnagar /
Gondal - Diu