Heritage Homestay is located 12 kms south of Alleppey (Kerala,
India) on the bank of a canal leading in Kuttanad region of South Alleppey,
a region known for its backwater canals.
Nelpura Heritage Homestay is a renovated structure adjoining the 150 year
old ancestral house of Mr. Chacko and family.
: The Nelpura Heritage Homestay has 3 Executive Deluxe rooms (Air
Conditioned and Non Air conditioned), each with en-suite modernized
bathrooms. Fully furnished, modernized rooms featuring traditional
Kerala architecture and woodcarving make the stay at Nelpura Heritage
Homestay, a unique experience.
: Homely Kerala cuisine. Guests typically join the family for dinner at the
main dining hall.
• Village Walk: Guests have opportunity to interact with
local people and get to know Kerala rural life from close quarters. A visit
to the 500-year-old temple can be arranged.
• Country Boat Cruises through the Backwaters: This
provides a striking spectacle of rustic life in Kuttanad. Guests can, as
part of a special package, go for fishing expedition in the lake along with
native fishermen. Cook and eat the prized catch.
• Canoe Rides through small Canals: Trip along the
shallow waterways of the village.
• Visit the ancient Temples and Churches: Participate in
the cultural activities of the village.
• Cycling Trips: Cycle ride along the canopied
• Traditional Kerala dances can be arranged on prior request .
• Mehandi: Women guests, on request, get a chance
to learn Henna designs on palms.
• Kerala Dress: Opportunity to purchase and try
traditional Kerala clothing.
• The fishpond adjoining the homestay is ideal for angling.
Cochin Airport - 100 kms, Trivandrum Airport - 175 kms, Alleppey - 12 kms,
Changanacherry - 20 kms
Homestay is visited as a part of Kerala