Sal Van is a
jungle lodge situated out outskirts of Bandhavgarh
National park (Madhya Pradesh, India). It
takes its name from the Sal trees that are found in abundance here.
The lodge is
at the edge of the jungle, with animals as neighbours. There are 8 spacious
cottages in all. Each cottage has a view of the jungle which can be enjoyed
from the comfort of your bed through a glass wall or from private deck. The
guest areas are large and airy. There is a dining hall and a bar, both with
fireplaces that are ideal for chilly winter evenings. And when the day gets
warm the swimming pool is a most inviting option.
is known for its tiger population and visited for a wildlife experience that
is matched by very few other parks in India.
• Umaria strip (only chartered flights) – 20 kms
• Jabalpur – 200 kms (takes 4 hours to resort by road)
• Khajuraho – 300 kms (takes 6 hours to resort by road)
Nearest Railway Station –
• Umaria – 20 kms from the resort
• Katni – 95 kms from the resort
visited as a part of Itinerary covering
Khajuraho, Panna, Kanha and Jabalpur.